Wednesday, November 17, 2010

My love is rekindled.

Dear Ryan, or "Dr. Party Pants, DRA":

Why was I not aware of how amazing/ridiculous your Facebook page is? Why is your new site such a mind fuck/assault on the senses? Why do I keep caring so much?

Whatever. You know from my first letter that I'm not up this video-gamey-metal-screamy alley. So I'm somewhat appeased by the news that you'll be releasing a double-album with the good ol' Cardinals again. But like, I dunno, looking at the track list, should I be worried about songs like "Star Wars" and "Kill the Lights" (which I presume won't be a cover of Britney)?

I'm such a terrible fan. I don't mean to be condescending. I do have faith in you, on account of this gem:


Ryan, what is this nonsense about you being half-deaf?! It's utter bullshit. So here's my pep talk. After more than a year's hiatus, you obviously still have it. You don't need this electric futuristic experimental clowning around. You don't need to tack on some band to your name. You don't even need an audience. Just be that traveling hobo-country-prince you were born to be with Mandy as a sidekick. It is the way to go, trust.

And yet, having said all that and despite my nostalgia, I must end with this: Ryan Adams, never change your crazy ways.

Sincerely,

Victoria

No comments: