Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Food makes the trip.




- I must have had about 5 bubble teas -no fancy flavours, just classic milk tea with tapioca pearls. Perfect.
- Woolong tea: it's layered aroma, the calm that comes with its preparation, and the sweet aftertaste of its warm bitterness...I think I may have found a new sedative.
- Street food at the night markets were a feast for all senses, I honestly believe they are an art in their own right.
- Who can forget the sticks of candied pears, tomatoes and strawberries. Just like gemstones.
- The Turkish ice-cream man will always stand out as the most bizarre and amazing addition to the partially international gastronomic scene.
- Strangest dish was hands down 阿给 ("ah gei") -tofu stuffed with vermicelli and some kind of seafood, in a pinkish soup. Can't say I loved it but it wins points for the never-seen-or-heard-of factor.
- Pork as the primary default meat was unfortunate for my Muslim friends....but oh, such bliss and comfort for me.
- We do rice right.

No comments: